Sunday, April 26, 2009
Like any normal person out there, the initial thought which struck me when this woman walked up on stage was...oh come on, she's just another wannabe singer.
Typical thoughts that would strike any normal human being would be,
1. she's fat
2. she's ugly
yes, it's true that she does lack in the looks department.
Erm, she is not stick-skinny, or so perfect that it hurts my eye (OUCH)
i mean, that's the BASIC of all BASIC requirements that a person MUST have in order to even DREAM of becoming a celebrity right.
i mean, who wants to see ugly fatsos on tv right. it's just....not very feasible on the eyes.
Everyone loves walking skeletons and porcelain faces right, agree????
Well, I couldn't post the actual video of her live performance on stage here cos' embedding's disabled (at least, for those which I came across)
it was absolutely ENTERTAINING to watch how EVERYONE's jaws just DROPPED when this 'ugly' woman opened her mouth and started singing, when moments ago, the audiences and the judges were so cynical about the woman - hell, she looks like crap, you mean, SHE CAN SING??? If she could sing, I could jolly well become the next Christina Aguilera.
it could have been featured in the World's Guinness Records' classic moment of awe or smth.
ok, whatever I'm ranting.
what I'm trying to put across is, I think this serves as an ABSOLUTE WAKE-UP CALL for everyone out there. yes, you and me.
It's shameful how everyone's so superficial, that they have forgotten that beauty lies skin-deep
It's funny how people can judge someone based on their appearances, and pass a sentence on that. If someone's some eye-candy, they go *_* If someone's ugly, they go OH WTF. NEXT. *wrinkles nose and rolls eyes
It's disgusting how everyone's so restrained and selfish when it comes to loving. Yes, we can't deny that we're all selfish and prejudiced human beings who JUDGE someone based on their outer appearance, when we don't even know what lies within, which i believe is what matters ultimately.
Okay, I think I shall stop my ranting.
Susan Boyle, I absolutely salute you.
I am absolutely enthralled by her beautiful voice that I was moved to tears when she sang.
Maybe God is fair, after all.
Meanwhile, it's time I do some reflection and re-assess my values.
Maybe it's time I learn to love and accept myself for what I am, what God has given me, instead of complaining and whining about incessant things which are totally redundant.
It's time to learn to love and give unconditionally, instead of always expecting something in return
Maybe the little imperfections are the closest things to perfection
Susan Boyle,
YOU GO WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
=p
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars
4:15 PM